natural moisture retention
what is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid, also called hyaluronan or hyaluron, is a substance our body produces naturally and is an important component of various types of connective tissue. The body’s own substance occurs both in the cells and in the spaces between them.
Since hyaluron is highly moisture-binding (approx. 6 litres of water per gram) and fills the spaces between the collagen fibres in a very short time, it is used as an active agent, especially in cosmetics.
- hyaluronic acid is a substance naturally present in the skin.
- hyaluronic acid has the ability to bind more than 1,000 times its own weight to water.
- its natural purpose is to keep skin soft, moist and firm.
The body’s own production of hyaluronic acid
With increasing age, the body’s own production of hyaluronic acid decreases. The result is a reduced supply of nutrients and moisture to the skin. The elasticity decreases, the dryness of the skin increases and wrinkles form. This makes it all the more important to supplement the bodies’ naturally occurring hyaluronic acid.
production of hyaloronic acid
Hyaluron can be obtained in various ways – through biotechnological production or from animal materials such as cocks’ combs. neobömi exclusively uses a high-quality, vegan hyaluronic acid which is obtained by a complex biological fermentation process.
- the vegan hyaluron used by neobömi is a pure form, in contrast to hyaluron obtained from cocks’ combs it does not contain animal protein.
- the tolerabilty is considerably better, also for allergic or highly sensitive skin.
Concentration of hyaluron
Hyaluron is an acid and can therefore only be used in diluted form. A too high concentration leads to incompatibility while low dosed applications usually do not show the desired effect. The neobömi formulations try to achieve a perfect balance between effect and tolerability. In our tri-hyaluron serum we achieve, for example, a concentration of 0.4% hyaluronic acid, which we deem the highest possible concentration of hyaluron with optimal skin tolerabilty.
different types of hyaloronic acid
Along with their production process, the various types of hyaluronic acid differ mainly in their molecular mass. Put simply, the lower the molecular mass of hyaluronic acid, the deeper it penetrates the skin.
Hyaluron with higher molecular mass
(high molecular hyaluronic acid)
- cannot penetrate the skin barrier and has a protecting effect on the surface
- forms a protective film that moisturizes the skin’s surface
- improves elasticity and reduces transepidermal water loss
- the effect is short-term, as the active ingredient is easily washed off with skin cleanser
Low molecular weight hyaluron
(Low- or ultra-low maolecular hyaluronic acid)
- penetrates the skin barrier and reaches into deeper skin layers
- water is stored in the connective tissue of the skin and acts as a filler
- the additional moisture makes the skin firmer and more elastic
- the sustainable storage of moisture allows for a longer-term effect
naturally beautiful skin without injection
The neobömi tri-hyaluron consists uniquely of three different molecular hyaluronic acids with different molecular weights. In addition to the well-known high- and low-molecular hyaluronic acids (see above), the less well-known medium-molecular hyaluronic acid is also used.
- The high-molecular hyaluron has a soothing and protecting effect and shows an immediate effect on the skin’s surface and smoothes dryness wrinkles. An invisible, elastic film prevents the skin from losing moisture.
- The medium-molecular hyaluron is distributed particularly well and sustainably in the skin and can thus have a deep and targeted effect. Moisture is bound for a long time and the connective tissue is padded from the inside.
- The smaller molecular weight of the low-molecular hyaluronic acid makes it possible to penetrate the skin’s barrier and thus it serves as long-term, sustainable moisture retention for the skin.
The combination of the three hyaluronic acids in the neobömi tri-hyaluron is particularly valuable, as the various molecular acids are produced in a complex process of biological fermentation and precisely matched to each other. This unique combination has proven itself effective in many respects and offers a sustainable alternative to invasive methods such as micro-needling or injection.
Instant effect. Forms an invisible, protective film on the skin’s surface and reduces water loss.
Spreads particularly well and provides the skin with long-lasting moisture. The connective tissue is padded from the inside.
Due to its low molecular weight, the hyaluron penetrates into the deeper skin layers and ensures a long-lasting effect.
The water is optimally bound and the skin’s moisture loss is minimized. The skin becomes visibly firmer and more elastic.
The neobömi tri-hyaluron serum gives me a fantastic fresh skin feeling.
The effect is long-lasting. Top marks!
Katharin B. from Frankfurt
neobömi hyaluron products
feel unique with hyaluron!
The neobömi product range is based on the natural active ingredient hyaluron. Depending on the desired effect and application, different types of hyaluron are used.